It is customary, at the end of the year, polling companies, IT and telecommunications companies, consultancy companies or Internet and technology companies to organize, study and publish interesting comparative email marketing information.
One of the most interesting articles about the worldwide e-mail marketing statistics we have read at this time, summarizes the following:
1) By the end of 2013, 3.6 billion email accounts were estimated worldwide
2) 54% of the sent email is promotional content
3) 838 billion emails are estimated to be sent only in 2013
4) 91% of consumers check their email every day
5) 74% of consumers prefer to receive commercial email messages
6) The average click through rate (CTR) of B2B advertising email, ie customer clicks on email, for the second quarter of 2013 was 1.7%
7) 60% of advertisers believe that email marketing has a positive ROI (Return On Investment)
8) 66% of consumers have made online purchases from advertising email
9) Email marketing has ROI (return on investment) 4,300%
10) 59% of companies combine email marketing with social networks
11) 76% of the email is open (open rate) within the next 2 days of receipt
12) 48% of emails are turned on by mobile devices
13) Only 11% of email is compatible to be read by mobile devices
14) 69% of users who read their emails from mobile phones will immediately delete it if this is not compatible with mobile devices
15) Gmail emails dropped by 27% from May 2013.
16) 25% of email is opened by the iPhone
17) By removing all those who did not open your email for 1 year from your lists, your delivery rate improves on your inbox by 3-5%
18) 17% of advertisers do not use detailed statistics for the campaigns they send
One might claim that all the above elements are very interesting, but they do not necessarily correspond to the Greek reality. We will not disagree; on the contrary, we are too skeptical when we see statistics for countries that are 2 and 3 levels technologically more advanced than Greece.
The reason we present all of the above is very simple because we believe that email marketing has not been stagnant but has evolved and evolved over the last 10 years. It is no coincidence that the high performance index of email marketing continues to attract many advertisers. In Greece, just starting business with professional email marketing .
The above statistics show that although email marketing is not a new technology, it is not new, but it is not saturated. The consumer believes in it, needs it and continues to want it as a means of informing or buying products or services. The rapid use of mobile devices that we use in our everyday life plays an important role. The global trend is that email marketing continues to be an integral part of digital internet advertising. In Greece and based on our own statistics, from our own our customer base , the past 5 years the pace of penetration of email marketing in business is climbing with geometric progress.
We anticipate that even in the coming years – even with the emergence of social networks – email marketing will continue to be one of the most popular ways to advertise and promote online products and services.